Evolution Of A Sale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson Learned About Research - Just wanted to share

2 posters

Go down

Lesson Learned About Research - Just wanted to share Empty Lesson Learned About Research - Just wanted to share

Post  lisa Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:37 pm

I was checking to see how my articles were ranking for one of my campaigns. I picked what I thought was a good keyword, had 1900 searches and competition at 7,000.

What I didn't think about was another meaning that this keyword phrase could have. It related to my niche in one meaning but not the other. Apparently I did not pay attention to the results when I typed it in google with quotes because everything that comes up without quotes is TOTALLY not related to my product.

If I do rank for this phrase with this article I will be an outcast on the first page.

Not a big deal, it just really made me think about relevance and knowing your customer.

Just so everyone gets a laugh my niche has to do with breast feeding and I hope my children never type this phrase in google affraid

Lisa

lisa

http://www.unemployment-help.info

Back to top Go down

Lesson Learned About Research - Just wanted to share Empty Re: Lesson Learned About Research - Just wanted to share

Post  affmktg2010 Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:43 pm

Funny story Lisa. I can just imagine what kind of results you're coming up with. lol!

You are right. It is important to know just what your customers are looking for when they type in your keyword. I've done that before as well. I thought I had a good keyword, but when I really thought about it, it was something totally different than what I had originally thought. Hope that made sense.

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum