Evolution Of A Sale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does This Look Like It Would Be A Good Product To Promote?

3 posters

Go down

Does This Look Like It Would Be A Good Product To Promote? Empty Does This Look Like It Would Be A Good Product To Promote?

Post  affmktg2010 Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi, After watching the videos I am doing keyword research and trying to find a product to promote. Here's the stats for one I found. What do you think? This is a Clickbank product, the gravity is 11.80. The keywords I have found are:

Keyword #1 - Searches - 3600, Results in quotes - 9650 - Competition 3/5, Article Power - 9.6
Keyword #2 - Searches - 1600, Results in quotes - 6290 - Competition 2/5, Article Power - 9.3
Keyword #3 - Searches - 1600, Results in quotes - 4 - Competition 2/5, Article Power - 9.3

These next three keywords are under 1000, but have hardly any results:

Keyword #4 - Searches - 880, Results in quotes - 1430 - Competition 2/5, Article Power - 9.2
Keyword #5 - Searches - 720, Results in quotes - 1 - Competition 2/5, Article Power - 9.1
Keyword #6 - Searches - 720, Results in quotes - 3 - Competition 1/5, Article Power - 9.1

Have been looking for other keywords with more searches that relate to this product, but haven't found any yet that meet the criteria. What do you think about this and should I can the ones with under 1000 searches or keep them since there are so few results, should I can the whole thing and start over, or should I go for it? Also what do you think about the gravity for the product?

I think in the past, a lot of my problem has been from not researching keywords properly, so I am just trying to make sure I have this right.

Thanks

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

Does This Look Like It Would Be A Good Product To Promote? Empty Re: Does This Look Like It Would Be A Good Product To Promote?

Post  Mike - ADMIN Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:21 pm

That's some pretty good research!

Just because the keywords may have less than 1k results, it doesn't mean that you should turn your back on them. Especially when you are getting into a "super niche". The keyword is going to be very targeted, so you may not have as many results. THAT'S OK!

If you only get 500 searches, but it is dead on target with your niche, it may convert better than a keyword that gets 2000 searches, but is more broad.

I mention in one of my videos that at the very least, my one campaign will consist of a cumulative total of 1k searches.

What you have here looks pretty good!

Mike - ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Does This Look Like It Would Be A Good Product To Promote? Empty Re: Does This Look Like It Would Be A Good Product To Promote?

Post  affmktg2010 Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:01 pm

Thanks Mike. I'll go for it and see what happens. I think maybe that one of my problems have been that I don't drill down far enough with my keywords. While I have always looked for the number of searches and used google in quotes for results, I still think that maybe I have been too broad with my keywords. So with this I drilled down to a specific area of the problem and done my keyword research on that. Hopefully that will help me to make more sales than I have been.

I have always just mainly used article marketing and have many articles under my belt. While some get read more than others, I still feel that I should be getting more out of it. I mainly used Ezine, but with this process will use ArticlesBase as you recommend. Hopefully with these changes I can start seeing better results.

Thanks again

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

Does This Look Like It Would Be A Good Product To Promote? Empty Hmmm-

Post  Pete Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:31 am

Well this is a great question no doubt!

So here is what I am thinking... The more relevant a keyword is, the less traffic the keyword needs to get.... So, if you get into a niche where the keywords are few, then you can go after the most relevant ones and they will perform better then perhaps the keywords that get much more traffic but are less relevant..

Also, if you see that there is very little competition for a product with a gravity that is on the lower end, this is sometimes a better thing because it means opportunity for growth!

I can't tell you how many products I have watched "Out grow me" because when I first looked into them I thought they weren't good sellers because of the low gravity... If you look at the traffic and find a way to make your product appeal to them, you can make THE difference in the sales that that product makes!

It is always a give and take though with Internet Marketing, it seems to be never ending trouble shooting, and critical thinking like this helps take advantage of opportunities, so take advantage of easy traffic when you can, and appeal to the traffic best that you can!

Hope this didn't make your head hurt! haha Very Happy

Pete-

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post  affmktg2010 Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Thanks for the info Pete. Yours and Mikes response has made me much more confident in my keyword and product choice. Now all I have to do is get after it.

No that didn't make my head hurt near as much as all of the reading, researching, redoing, testing, thinking and hair pulling that I've done in the past. Thanks to you guys, this is so much easier.

affmktg2010

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down